Prayer Letter, June 2012: Confession
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgement. - Psalm 51:3-4
Father, forgive me for my sins. Today and everyday, let the words of the Psalmist be a reminder to me that it is against You, You only, that I have sinned. As I consider the sins that I struggle with, it seems to me that they are all rooted in my lack of faith in the reality of Your Gospel. How quick I am to lean on my own understanding, and my own abilities, and my own strength, when all of these have let me down time and time again. But You have never let me down, and You have never forsaken me. How slow I am to confess my sins, despite Your gracious promises, that “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus” (Romans 8:1).
Father forgive me for my half-hearted trust in You. Against You, You only, have I sinned. Forgive me for all the times I have put more hope in my bank account that in the eternal riches that You have offered to me. Against You, You only, have I sinned. Forgive me for all the times I have been angry or impatient with my children, when You have been infinitely patient with me. Against You, You only, have I sinned. Forgive me for all the times I have puffed myself up before my brothers and sisters, and my church, knowing full well that You are a God who looks with favor upon the humble and contrite in spirit. Against You, You only, have I sinned.
Father, it is my prayer that Redeemer would be a place where we as blood-bought sinners can come as we are, confessing our sins to one another, and to You. Lord, I know that the more we trust in the redemption bought by Your Son Jesus Christ, the more we will not hide our sins, but will be a church of confession, and repentance, and humility, and forgiveness, leaning upon Your great promise, that “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus”.
Please be in prayer for the following:
- Pray that if it is God’s will that we should purchase the building we currently are meeting in that we would see the $50,000 raised to start the purchase process.
- Pray that we would see God call out 6 people to be sent with our Boston team, and 6 people to be sent with another team to an unreached people group.
- Pray for the families at Redeemer that are in the process of adopting children, that they would be loved, supported, encouraged and cared for throughout this journey.
- Pray for revival to break forth in Bellingham, and beyond, all for the glory of God.
- Pray that we would become a praying church.