2nd Annual Turkey Bowl
Last year we threw our first ever turkey bowl! For those who are not sure what a turkey bowl is, well its where a bunch of people pretend that they know how to play football. This year we are doing the Turkey Bowl again. Flag and/or Two hand touch (Depending on if we get enough flags).
The event is on Saturday, November 22nd from 10:30am – 2:00pm at Bloedel Donavan Park. Following the Turkey Bowl we will be doing a BBQ at Redeemer Church to make sure no one leaves hungry. Invite your friends, to this event and have a good time. If you want to help out, please sign up to bring a side dish to share with everyone. We will be grilling Burgers and Hot Dogs, so please bring some side dish to share.
We will be doing two separate tournaments this year. One tournament will include Adults (both men and women playing) and the other tournament will be for the kids to play.
(Side Note: If your kid wants to play, we are going to ask that you would comment on this post with your kids age & experience playing football so we can make sure the teams are evenly put together)
Here are a few other instructions that you need to know:
- If you desire to play, we need you to sign up. If you do not sign up, we cannot put you on a team. So please make sure you sign up saying that you desire to play. And if your friends are coming, then sign them up as well.
- If you do not want to play football, we encourage you to come out and cheer the teams on and have food with us. Just cause your not playing, doesn’t mean you can’t have fun. This is a great opportunity to get to know people you wouldn’t normally get to know.
- We will start at 10:30am sharp, so please be at Bloedel on time. Give yourself some time to put your shoes on and be ready to go. If you are not at the park by 10:30am, we can not guarantee you will be able to play.
- We need coaches for the kids tournament. So, anyone (regardless of experience with football) if you are interested in coaching a kids team. Sign Up Here.
- Make sure to bring an extra pair of cloths and shoes, we anticipate the event to be quite muddy. So be prepared to change before you head to the BBQ.
- Also we are seeing if you have the desire to buy T-Shirts for the event. if we get enough people responding to wanting to pre-order a T-Shirt then we will get them made. Below is the design of the T-Shirt.
Here is the Schedule for the event:
10:30am – Start Football Tournaments at Bloedel Donavan Park
12:30pm – Football tournaments will end, and we will all head over to Redeemer to eat some grub and watch some football
2:00pm – Event will end
This will be another fun time where we can all get together, invite friends and have fun playing football. See you all on November 22nd